Windows Application Developer
Please send a letter of introduction
Pennsylvania Farm Bureau
P.O. Box 8736
Camp Hill, PA 17001-8736
Employment inquiries may be made with
Pennsylvania Farm Bureau at any time.
POSITION TITLE: Windows Application Developer
DIVISION: Information Technology
REPORTS TO: IT Director
JOB SUMMARY: The successful Windows Application Developer candidate for this position will have 3 to 5 years of software design and coding experience, with the skillset to learn, maintain, and provide end-user support for several complex accounting and database projects. Additionally, successful candidates must be able to evaluate existing projects developed using legacy technologies and rewrite, test, and debug application from design through deployment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES of the Windows Application Developer include:
- Code new applications in appropriate computer languages as assigned with appropriate levels of security.
- Perform maintenance and modifications to existing programs and ensure they are maintained using programming best practices.
- Coordinate project activities with other programmers and application users.
- Test all functionality to ensure quality delivery of code.
- Review test results with the end user prior to deploying code into production.
- Create / update internal and end user application documentation and provide end user training.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES of the Windows Application Developermay include:
- Design program logic to eliminate problems and to ensure efficient operation in the production environment.
- Test programs to ensure data accuracy and modifications have no adverse impact on business operations.
- Provide documentation for maintenance and use of application.
- Lead at performing other special projects as assigned.
PREFERRED EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS of the Windows Application Developer:
- 3 to 5 years of experience/knowledge in the following programming languages/techniques:
- SQL Server
- C# and VB
- HTML and CSS
- Visual Studio/Windows Desktop Application Development
- 2 or 4 Year Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills for frequent interactions with internal and external customers
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated and the ability to work well with others
- Valid PA Driver’s License
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50 pounds
- Working during non-traditional office hours may at times be required
- Travel less than 10%
TELECOMMUTE OPTION: Primarily 100% Camp Hill office position, with some flexibility for up to 20% telecommute with approval.
Note: This job description is intended to describe the major functions and characteristics of this job. It is not intended to describe all functions or responsibilities, which may be assigned to the incumbent employee. It is always within the employer’s right to add to, delete from, or further modify this job description at any time. This document is not to be construed as an employment contract of any type.