Regional Organization Director – Region 6
Regional Organization Director
JOB SUMMARY/Regional Organization Director:
The duties of a regional organization director are to assist the county Farm Bureau leaders in developing and carrying out a Farm Bureau program that will help members to maintain a strong, effective organization, which will meet their needs, and to promote the philosophy, policies, and basic concepts of the County, State and National Organizations. This is an exempt, salaried position. This position covers Armstrong, Clarion/Venango/Forest, Crawford, Elk, Erie, Jefferson and Warren County Farm Bureaus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES/Regional Organization Director:
- Provide continual, assertive leadership to improving the strength, effectiveness and prestige of the Organization.
- Work with the County Farm Bureau leadership in planning, developing and implementing and effective county, state and national program.
- Manage an effective annual membership growth campaign in the region.
- Assist in the planning and setting up of county, district and regional leadership and member meetings.
- Surface, develop and train new and existing leadership.
- Serve as a resource person to the County Farm Bureaus in finding answers to questions that may arise.
- Establish and maintain a working relationship with other organizations, governmental agencies and other community groups within the region.
- Promote participation in Members’ Service programs.
- Communicate with other staff working within the region, establishing a team effort to promote Farm Bureau activities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in related area
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects
- Written and verbal communication skills with ability to make presentations to groups
- Self-motivated with organizational, negotiation and human relation skills
- Willingness and ability to learn subjects covered under areas of responsibility
- Experience working with volunteers
- Demonstrated experience in relationship building
- Knowledge of Pennsylvania agriculture
- Knowledge of Farm Bureau
- Valid PA Driver’s License
- Ability to lift/carry up to 30 lbs.
- Residence within the assigned region
- Travel approximately 80% or more
- Working during non-traditional office hours will at times be required.
TELECOMMUTE OPTION: Primarily 20% in-home office and 80% travel, requiring some overnight stays.
Note: This job description is intended to describe the major functions and characteristics of this job. It is not intended to describe all functions or responsibilities, which may be assigned to the incumbent employee. It is always within the employer’s right to add to, delete from, or further modify this job description at any time. This document is not to be construed as an employment contract of any type. EOE.