Intern – Government Affairs and Communications
Please send a letter of introduction
Pennsylvania Farm Bureau
P.O. Box 8736
Camp Hill, PA 17001-8736
Employment inquiries may be made with
Pennsylvania Farm Bureau at any time.
DIVISION: Government Affairs and Communications
REPORTS TO: Manager, Government Affairs and Communications
Assisting the PFB Government Affairs and Communications staff with projects instrumental to the program scope of work. This is a temporary, non-exempt, hourly internship position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support staff efforts related to the grassroots policy development process, including policy implementation.
- Perform research on current agriculture-related topics.
- Develop and write news articles for PFB publications.
- Attend meetings and report back essential information related to agricultural concerns.
- Interact with PFB members to gain or provide information as need arises,
- Accompany and assist State and Federal Government Affairs Specialists in performing duties.
- College student in political education/science, agriculture or communications related field of study
- Interest in public policy and agriculture
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Valid PA Driver’s License
- Ability to lift/carry up to 30 lbs.
- Working during non-traditional office hours will at times be required
TELECOMMUTE OPTION: Primarily Camp Hill office position with possibility of some travel with limited overnight stays.
Note: This job description is intended to describe the major functions and characteristics of this job. It is not intended to describe all functions or responsibilities, which may be assigned to the incumbent employee. It is always within the employer’s right to add to, delete from, or further modify this job description at any time. This document is not to be construed as an employment contract of any type. EOE.