Event Lab Leader 1099
|Event Lab Leader Independent Contractor (1099)|
|Friends of Ag Foundation|
|Executive Director, Friends of Ag Foundation|
We are searching for a self-motivated Independent Contractor to join our foundation. The Independent Contractor’s responsibilities include completing assigned tasks, as detailed below, with minimal supervision. You will be responsible to complete and file your tax returns in a timely manner.
To ensure success as an Independent Contractor, you must possess excellent communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills. It is expected you will work in various types of weather, within reason, and stand on your feet for long hours. You are required to be very comfortable working with technology, to include TV, computer, tablet, virtual reality glasses, etc.
This position is a 1099 independent contractor position involving travel to various event locations with the state of Pennsylvania, some requiring overnight stays, depending on location. All reporting is to the Friends of Agriculture Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Open, set up, maintain and close up the event lab.
- Interact with Event Lab visitors at events.
- Reset, clean education stations throughout the event.
- Foster a positive experience for guests and host of the event lab.
- Maintain inventory of lab supplies and materials.
- High school diploma
- Knowledge of Pennsylvania agriculture
- Current Pennsylvania Clearances, or ability to successfully obtain for employment process
- Excellent organizational, multitasking, and communication skills
- Possess a driven, self-motivated disposition
- Ability to work with minimal guidance
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in agriculture
- Experience with working at agricultural outreach events, such as fairs
- Valid PA Driver’s License
- Ability to lift/carry up to 30 lbs
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
Note: This job description is intended to describe the major functions and characteristics of this job. It is not intended to describe all functions or responsibilities, which may be assigned to the incumbent employee. It is always within the employer’s right to add to, delete from, or further modify this job description at any time. This document is not to be construed as an employment contract of any type. EOE.