Above, Women's Leadership committee members representing Pennsylvania
Farm Bureau is an organization formed by, and for, members. Members who are actively involved in committees and other organizational programs are the lifeblood of Pennsylvania Farm Bureau achievements.
County Information Director
The County Information Director (CID) develops a professional relationship with the news media (newspapers, magazines, radio and televisions) in their county, writes news releases about County Farm Bureau issues and events, disseminates materials to the news media and maintains the copy on the county’s webpage.
1. Develops a program of work and budget with the Member Relations Director which is presented to the County Farm Bureau Board.
2. Carries out the goals and objectives as outlined by the adopted program of work.
3. Attends applicable training conferences.
4. Develops professional relationships with the local news media.
5. Attends County Farm Bureau Board meetings and reports on news media activity.
6. Writes and sends news releases about Farm Bureau activities and issues to the news media.
7. Provides PFB’s website director with information for their county Farm Bureau pages. This may be done online using this form.
- Current Farm Bureau member
- Possesses a working knowledge of the County Farm Bureau structure
- Basic knowledge of the county news media
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Word processing ability
Technical training for the CID is provided by the staff of the PA Farm Bureau Governmental Affairs and Communications Division on both an individual and group basis.
The CID reports to the county Media Relations Coordinator.
Each month, CIDs and CNEs receive the Companion Newsletter via regular mail or email with helpful tips, information and articles to include in county newsletters. A Communications Handbook has been developed to assist CID/CNEs in performing their duties. Personalized assistance is always available as well. Both publications can be found in the Members Only website.
- Category: County Information Program