Please check back for PA Farm Bureau Young Ag Professionals
Awards/AFBF YF&R Applications for 2019/2020
- Click on names below for information about the award.
- The instructions, deadlines and information on the application are used for the PA Farm Bureau competitions
AND the AFBF competitions.
- How can Farm Bureau build upon collaborative relationships, such as Farm Town Strong, to combat nationwide crises such as opioid dependence/addiction and mental health issues?
- Products like cell-based food products have demonstrated the food system is rapidly changing. How can future food technologies and related products be beneficially integrated into modern agricultural production without hampering the success of traditional products and the farmers and ranchers who grow them?
- The customer is always right. How do farmers and ranchers think and respond, through the lens of consumer priorities and marketing trends, to build common values and confidence in modern production methods to build consumer acceptance?
- With abundant productivity, farmers are in need of new markets, including outside traditional food and feed channels. How do we develop, invest, and commercialize to innovate new uses of agricultural products and by-products to benefit all of agriculture?
- The 21st-century agricultural economy is threatened by labor shortages. Without a clear solution for accessing foreign guest workers as a component of immigration reform coming from Congress, what are some creative and legal ways for agriculture to address the labor needs of a modern production system?
These questions will be used for the YF&R Discussion Meet held during AFBF Annual Convention in Austin, Texas and the Collegiate Discussion Meet held during the YF&R Leadership Conference in Louisville, Kentucky.
Know an outstanding young farmer?
Nominate them to apply for a contest!
| Please contact Member Relations at 717.761.2740
or email with any questions about this program.