The Pennsylvania Farm Bureau website is currently experiencing technical difficulties.
The Pennsylvania Friends of Agriculture Foundation was created in October of 1986 when a group of forward-thinking farmers and business leaders recognized the need to identify agricultural issues before they became problems. The Foundation’s mission was and is the preservation and promotion of agriculture – the largest of the Commonwealth’s industries. Specifically, the Foundation seeks to:
- Enlighten the public about farming and agriculture
- Create educational programs for children in middle and elementary schools who may have no other exposure to agriculture
- Train teachers on agricultural concepts while helping them meet their own continuing education requirements
- Support ag and preservation of the farm
- Fund scholarships for postsecondary agricultural studies
- Promote career opportunities in agriculture
“In fulfilling our mission, the Foundation connects with a diverse group of farmers, agribusinesses, non-agribusinesses, and consumers of the commodities provided by all Pennsylvania farmers. Through these relationships, we strive to attain our goals.”
Members of PFB families who attend Penn State's College of Agriculture or Delaware Valley University are eligible to apply for financial assistance through the PFB Ag Scholarship. The Ag Scholarship is funded by the Pennsylvania Friends of Agriculture FoundationSM.