Pennsylvania Farm Bureau | P.O. Box 8736 | Camp Hill, PA 17001-8736
Employment inquiries may be made with Pennsylvania Farm Bureau at any time.
DIVISION: Building / Controllers Division
REPORTS TO: Manager, Controllers Division
The custodian is responsible for helping to maintain the overall appearance of the building
and grounds as well as minor repairs. This is a part-time non-exempt, hourly position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Unlock and inspect building, turn on lights, make coffee each day.
• Clean interior of building to include: lobby; offices; open areas; hallways; lunchroom; mail room; all inside glass; and empty the dishwasher.
• Set up rooms for meetings as needed.
• Perform general maintenance of grounds and roof to include: snow removal from entrances and sidewalks; application of ice melt; snow removal from pool vehicles; clean up of debris around the exterior of the building; dust cobwebs from outside lights and porches; and ensure all roof drains are free from obstruction.
• Complete other light maintenance work throughout the building as needed, to include: replacement of light bulbs; water plants; change seasonal decorations; check emergency lights.
• Manage inventory of cleaning and lunchroom supplies.
• Deliver all incoming packages from Shipping/Receiving area throughout the building.
• Pick up mail and any required supplies from Post Office daily.
• Move and relocate office furniture as needed.
• Perform regular inspection, record mileage and registration information, refuel, and maintain cleanliness of the pool vehicles.
• Pick up any necessary maintenance/cleaning supplies.
• Ability to work independently
• Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to follow instructions
• Strong time management skills with the ability to multi-task and shift priorities as necessary
• Ability to perform job duties with minimal disruption to daily office functionality
• Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook
• Previous experience in the maintenance/custodial field
• Valid PA Driver’s License
• Ability to lift/carry up to 70 lbs.
TELECOMMUTE OPTION:N/A, 100% Camp Hill office position
Note: This job description is intended to describe the major functions and characteristics of this job. It is not intended to describe all functions or responsibilities, which may be assigned to the incumbent employee. It is always within the employer’s right to add to, delete from, or further modify this job description at any time. This document is not to be construed as an employment contract of any type. EOE.