Media & Marketing Specialist
|Media & Marketing Specialist|
|Government Affairs and Communications|
|Manager, Government Affairs and Communications|
JOB SUMMARY: Media & Marketing Specialist
Serve as the primary news media outreach and contact for PFB and County Farm Bureaus. Formulate and implement a marketing strategy to build brand awareness utilizing print and social media. This is an exempt, salaried position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: Media & Marketing Specialist
- Function as news media outreach, initiating contact with media outlets, engaging them to advance the organization’s policies and topics.
- Act as spokesperson for the organization responding to contacts with media inquiries.
- Write news releases and op eds, as well as function as staff writer for organization publications and website, as needed.
- Develop an overall marketing plan, create campaigns, and measure the return on investment of various advertising methods.
- Develop promotion and advertising efforts to build brand awareness
- Create and manage advertising campaigns.
- Coordinate and manage email marketing through group email outreach via Constant Contact or other vendor; maintain database and methods of contact.
- Organize and conduct social media policy, strategy and activity, and training for staff and volunteers.
- Advocate on behalf of the membership/organization online via multiple platforms.
- Rural Road Safety Week planning and supervision for state and county Farm Bureaus
- Assist in the production of podcasts for public release.
- Assist with scripts, rehearsals, and other functions for state Annual Meeting, as needed.
- Serve as an assistant photographer/videographer, as needed.
- Be an ambassador for current and prospective members by helping to obtain and maintain memberships.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field of study
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with ability to effectively promote a brand, ideas, etc.
- Understanding of social media platforms, analytic reporting
- Self-motivated with strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with online email marketing tools or related software, and maintaining email lists
- Familiarity with Photoshop, Premier
- Prior experience with membership organizations, associations, non-profits
- Knowledge of agriculture
- Valid PA Driver’s License
- Ability to lift/carry up to 30 lbs
- Working during non-traditional office hours will at times be required
TELECOMMUTE OPTION: Primarily a Camp Hill office position with up to 20% potential to work from home with Manager approval. Some travel throughout Pennsylvania (with possible overnight stays) to attend meetings, Farm Bureau events, seminars, and other related events.
Note: This job description is intended to describe the major functions and characteristics of this job. It is not intended to describe all functions or responsibilities, which may be assigned to the incumbent employee. It is always within the employer’s right to add to, delete from, or further modify this job description at any time. This document is not to be construed as an employment contract of any type. EOE.