The Pennsylvania Friends of Agriculture Foundation was created in October of 1986 when a group of forward-thinking farmers and business leaders recognized the need to identify agricultural issues before they became problems. The Foundation’s mission was and is preserving and promoting agriculture.
The Foundation seeks to:
- Enlighten the public about farming and agriculture
- Create educational programs for children in middle and elementary schools who may have no other exposure to agriculture
- Train teachers on agricultural concepts while helping them meet their own continuing education requirements
- Support agriculture and preservation of the farm
- Fund scholarships for postsecondary agricultural studies
- Promote career opportunities in agriculture